Porcelain Veneers from A to Z: A Hands-on Program
Porcelain veneers offer our patients immediate aesthetic enhancement. Improvements to the colour, shape and alignment of teeth can be readily achieved using porcelain veneers. However, in order to achieve ideal results, the clinician must appropriately select cases and implement specific clinical protocols. Failure to properly treatment plan and execute tooth preparation, impression, temporization and cementation can result in catastrophic outcomes.
The focus of this hands-on program is to provide the general practitioner with key insights in achieving predictable and aesthetic outcomes with porcelain veneers. Included in the presentation is a comprehensive aesthetic analysis as well as treatment planning principles required to achieve predictable outcomes. The advantages and disadvantages as well as indications and contraindications for porcelain veneers will be covered. A step by step, systematic approach to tooth preparation, impression, temporization and cementation will follow. Numerous clinical examples of porcelain veneers will be demonstrated in the presentation. The hands-on component of the program will recap the didactic session, giving course participants the opportunity to prepare, impress and temporize the maxillary anteriors on a typodont.
- Outline aesthetic analysis and case selection
- Review appropriate treatment planning principles for porcelain veneers
- Summarize indications, contraindications for porcelain veneers
- Comprehensive step by step clinical protocol for veneer fabrication including tooth preparation, impression temporization and cementation.
- Hands-on component covering fabrication of a silicone reduction matrix, preparation, impression and temporization of six maxillary anterior teeth.
Materials for Hands-on Workshop Supplied by